Photography by EC Ferrer
- I don’t have any formal plans for my birthday just yet.
- Cleaning, organizing, flowers, manicure/pedicure are a good start.
- I went to a candlelight women’s circle on my Birthday eve.
- I think it’s important to have spaces where YOU feel held.
- I can’t imagine myself being bored with life.
- I don’t see myself feeling like “I’ve arrived, now what?”
- I have so many desires, I’m not sure they could be fulfilled in one lifetime.
- I am so grateful to be FULL of life and that no one can ever take that away from me.
- Someone recently looked at me and wrote “soft beauty” on a paper yellow heart and gave it to me.
- I felt really seen in her gesture and eye contact.
- There’s a lot of strength housed in this softness.
- Some people mistake my kindness for weakness.
- Somehow we have it twisted that you can’t be kind and powerful.
- Power is expressed in different ways.
- As the years go by, I am more at ease with who I am and who I’m not.
- That flows over into my coaching business.
- Some people are drawn to work with me and others are not.
- I’m drawn to work with some and not with others.
- It’s all okay!
- No matter how cute your kids are parenting is not easy.
- I’m still learning and finding my way.
- I see myself working with a Parenting Coach soon.
- We are looking for a new school for our daughter.
- The whole process is a lot to think about and can be overwhelming.
- As I visit schools my respect for teachers and my parents increases.
- Someone recently described her mother as not having a purpose because she didn’t work outside of the home,
- It’s interesting how motherhood is at once esteemed and dishonored at the same time.
- My son just turned the big 2.
- He’s talking a lot and starting to make sentences.
- My 3 year old likes to pick out her own clothes.
- I got a Mama Mobile this year, a MAZDA 5.
- I did some speaking gigs this year that made me want to speak more.
- I’m having a new experience with what I have referred to as “stage fright” in the past.
- Rather than pushing the energy away I am more welcoming of it.
- “Let it Go” and “How Far I’ll Go” are the most popular songs in our household.
- Mike and I share a love of personal development, spiritual growth and business.
- He’s my Business bestie too.
- My brother and his wife got married this year and it was special to celebrate with them.
- It’s inspiring me to plan our wedding party.
- I’m in the process of interviewing various business owners to share their success secrets.
- One underlying theme has been self-trust.
- I love how my self-trust continues to solidify.
Thanks for reading. I would love to hear how I’ve impacted you and/or what you think of when you think me in the comments below.
This is my 4th year of posting some personal shares about me on my birthday. Thanks for celebrating with me. I hope you enjoy!
- “I’m a mother” is a complete sentence.
- It’s okay to devote yourself to being a mom.
- I think fashion and style can be a deep form of self-expression.
- I love decorating and beautifying my space.
- Now that I have kids I love Halloween and can’t wait for their next costumes.
- I love and celebrate the Holidays; gifts, lights, tree and all.
- I like reading books about prosperity.
- I don’t have much of a green thumb but I hope to some day.
- I’m a big fan of goals and that wasn’t always the case.
- I often have incense burning.
- When I was in High School I wanted to go to fashion school.
- My parents used to gift me paintings as a kid.
- I’m not a minimalist.
- I think I used to judge myself around that.
- I don’t anymore.
- I love adornment.
- I ‘ve never held a job for a long period of time.
- I think about de-activating my Facebook account pretty often.
- Then I think about what a great tool it is to connect with my soul tribe.
- I utilize the unfollow feature pretty generously.
- I haven’t see any of the movies nominated for an Academy Award this season yet.
- It’s kind of an event for me to go to the movies.
- I like pretty stationary.
- In fact, I like pretty/beautiful things period!
- I think beauty is an aspect of the Divine.
- I can’t live without it. It’s fine with me if you can.
- I used to play the flute in Jr. High.
- My mom says I used to shut my door and play the flute when I was upset.
- I don’t like sarcasm.
- I think a lot of intolerance masquerades as tolerance.
- I’m a compassionate coach.
- I lovingly guide, teach, challenge.
- I’m thoughtful with my words.
- I’m no saint, but I’m a good person.
- I’ve had some adventures that need to be written about!
- My kids have these BIG BROWN EYES that make me swoon.
- Being a Mamapreneur of two little ones really stretches me sometimes.
- I fee like I’m entering a new portal of maturity.
- Responsibility, focus, planning, discipline are now things I desire.
- I know see how they enhance my freedom and creativity.
- Cheers to another year of challenge and growth.
1. I have been looking forward to turning 40 since my twenties.
2. For me it represented knowing who you really are and not apologizing for it.
3. I apologize less and less every year unless an apology is in order.
4. This is my third year in a row doing a birthday blog.
5. I would like to continue the tradition.
6. My son was born 6 days before my 40th birthday.
7. He was 5 weeks early.
8. We were expecting an Aries but I guess he wanted to be a Pisces.
9. We are a family of 3 Pisces and a Gemini.
10. It’s quite strange to say “my son “ and “my daughter”.
11. There was a time when I wondered if I was ever going to have kids.
12. I love my daughter calling me Mama.
13. I feel pride at haven given birth twice.
14. It resonates with me to breastfeed on demand.
15. I used to work for Planned Parenthood as a Counselor.
16. For a long time I thought I would be a therapist.
17. I think coaching and therapy share some parallels.
18. I started focusing on Business Coaching because clients kept asking for my help with their business.
19. My father always thought I should get my MBA.
20. I thought he didn’t get me.
21. He saw that I was a businesswoman before I did.
22. I am often in some type of personal or professional development program.
23. I am ready for a mini van.
24. I have been an airbnb host.
25. I started doing EFT last year.
26. I spend a lot of time in my robe.
27. My Sacred Money Archetype is the Celebrity.
28. I had my car towed one birthday.
29. I’m not a huge fan of cursing.
30. I got engaged this past Christmas.
31. Homeschooling is a consideration, but we’ll see.
32. The last book I read was the Motivation Manifesto by Brendan Burchard.
33. I know who my friends and supporters are.
34. I’ve never been the 5-year plan person, but I am morphing into that.
35. I find whining and complaining exhausting.
36. I believe life is a journey of self-discovery.
37. Hawaii calls me from time to time.
38. When I die I hope my loved ones throw me a big party.
39. My journals are my most valued possessions.
40. It easier to get me than to keep me, nearly impossible to get me after you’ve lost me.
1. I wrote 38 things about myself for my birthday last year and I think I might want to make it a tradition.
2. My birthday wish last year was to have a beautiful birth experience and a healthy baby.
3. That wish came true and much faster than I would have ever managed, less than 3 hours.
4. My full name is Kadidja Didi Mouke Yansane.
5. Pronounced Ha or Ka- dee -zsa -dee- dee -moo- kay- yanh- sah- nay.
6. I Introduce myself as Kah- dee -zsa Yanh -sah -nee.
7. I didn’t see the Oscars.
8. The last cd I bought was Sam Smith.
9. I am one of those collage people.
10. Personal Development really is a passion of mine.
11. Owning a bed and breakfast later in life seems like it would be fun.
12. Ministerial or Practitioner Studies is something I consider every now and again.
13. I love vintage and antique shopping.
14. I just moved to the Bay Area so we could be close to my parents/ her grand-parents.
15. I listen to the Beyonce station on Pandora a lot. Lol.
16. I typically don’t give unsolicited advice or feedback.
17. I am loving being a mom and watching my daughter grow.
18. She truly is a joy. And that doesn’t even express the half of it.
19. She moans herself to sleep. It is quite hilarious.
20. Sometimes it seems as though I need more arms to do things with her.
21. I was surprised to see how opinionated people are about breastfeeding and how long I am going to do it.
22. I don’t know when I am going to stop. I am sure it will be before she graduates High School.
23. A famous person I would love to sit down with and talk to is Deepak Chopra.
24. You may say that I am a dreamer but I am not the only one.
25. I have had a lot of amazing women and men in my life as mentors.
26. I think I’m pretty open when you put loving and sincere attention on me.
27. I have had some girlfriend break ups that still hurt.
28. I am grateful for the space and time that I have for introspection.
29. Mike brought me some beautiful flowers this morning.
30. I write myself birthday cards and Valentine’s Day Cards.
31. I’m proud of my Berkeley roots.
32. I don’t think everyone needs to get married or have children and people should just leave people alone.
33. I’ve never been the Oh I love cooking woman. But there is more desire there.Been pulling out the cookbooks.
34. I’m not sure what my specific birthday wish is yet, but I think it would be good to make one because wishes come true.
35. I am overflowing with life wishes.
36. Even though I am a people person, my seemingly extroverted nature might be concealing a little shyness.
37. I just got on twitter and I don’t get it yet.
38. I’d like to start interviewing all the awesome people I know, so I might be calling you.
39.I am looking forward to turning the Big 4-0 next year.
1. I am 38 today and a little resistant to share my age on social media even though I like getting older.
2. I color my hair because I am not ready to go grey yet.
3. I am very fond of grey hair in others.
4. My parents are West African and my brother and I communicate in my Dads accent and it makes the conversation 20 times funnier.
5. I am 6 1/2 months pregnant and live with my honey and we are planning a home birth.
6. I really am an optimistic person and always have been. I believe in the goodness of life.
7. Right before my 30th birthday I got in a car accident and hurt my back and didn’t work for 9 months.
8. I am a trained doula and caught a baby for the first time 4 months ago by accident. Well there are no accidents.
9. I don’t pledge allegiance to any one philosophy or modality.
10. I have thrown myself some amazing birthday parties.
11. I eloped when I was 25 and that crashed and burned pretty quickly.
12. I don’t drink coffee but I love my teA.
13. Since I’ve been pregnant I’ve had some meat after not eating it for nearly 8 years. I have mixed feelings about it.
14. I am very sensitive hearted but a strong warrior woman at the same time.
15. No one asked me to the prom.
16. I have 2 tattoos.
17. When I get my heartbroken I either move or shave my head.
18. I think I am a lucky person.
19. Litter drives me crazy.
20. French was my first language.
21. When I was 17 my grand mother told me to eat well, meaning eat a lot and not be too skinny so I could find a good husband. She was a luscious woman. I’m pretty luscious now too
22. I’m a pretty private person And Share my confidence with a few key people.
23. I journal regularly if not daily.
24. Most of my exercise classes have senior citizens in them.
25. I practice and teach Orgasmic Meditation.
26. I have an inconsistent Vedic meditation practice.
27. Some people tell me I am a closet singer but I am happy in the closet for now.
28. I used to be a High School counselor.
29. I’m an empath.
30. I kind of just do what I want quietly and don’t enjoy arguing and debating about how I should live my life. To each her own.
31. I’m a Womanist who sees the world through a feminine lens.
32. I love being a Coach and helping people access the freedom to express themselves more fully.
33. I need my beauty sleep and am no stranger to a nap in the middle of the day.
34. I often can’t get through a movie and fall asleep. So if you ask me if I saw a movie I will probably say some of it.
35. My life keeps getting better and better.
36. I’m a homebody who likes to be at home and clean my house and arrange things.
37. I’m a lover.
38. What I want more than anything for my birthday is a beautiful birth experience and a a strong healthy baby.