This is my 4th year of posting some personal shares about me on my birthday. Thanks for celebrating with me. I hope you enjoy!
- “I’m a mother” is a complete sentence.
- It’s okay to devote yourself to being a mom.
- I think fashion and style can be a deep form of self-expression.
- I love decorating and beautifying my space.
- Now that I have kids I love Halloween and can’t wait for their next costumes.
- I love and celebrate the Holidays; gifts, lights, tree and all.
- I like reading books about prosperity.
- I don’t have much of a green thumb but I hope to some day.
- I’m a big fan of goals and that wasn’t always the case.
- I often have incense burning.
- When I was in High School I wanted to go to fashion school.
- My parents used to gift me paintings as a kid.
- I’m not a minimalist.
- I think I used to judge myself around that.
- I don’t anymore.
- I love adornment.
- I ‘ve never held a job for a long period of time.
- I think about de-activating my Facebook account pretty often.
- Then I think about what a great tool it is to connect with my soul tribe.
- I utilize the unfollow feature pretty generously.
- I haven’t see any of the movies nominated for an Academy Award this season yet.
- It’s kind of an event for me to go to the movies.
- I like pretty stationary.
- In fact, I like pretty/beautiful things period!
- I think beauty is an aspect of the Divine.
- I can’t live without it. It’s fine with me if you can.
- I used to play the flute in Jr. High.
- My mom says I used to shut my door and play the flute when I was upset.
- I don’t like sarcasm.
- I think a lot of intolerance masquerades as tolerance.
- I’m a compassionate coach.
- I lovingly guide, teach, challenge.
- I’m thoughtful with my words.
- I’m no saint, but I’m a good person.
- I’ve had some adventures that need to be written about!
- My kids have these BIG BROWN EYES that make me swoon.
- Being a Mamapreneur of two little ones really stretches me sometimes.
- I fee like I’m entering a new portal of maturity.
- Responsibility, focus, planning, discipline are now things I desire.
- I know see how they enhance my freedom and creativity.
- Cheers to another year of challenge and growth.
1. I have been looking forward to turning 40 since my twenties.
2. For me it represented knowing who you really are and not apologizing for it.
3. I apologize less and less every year unless an apology is in order.
4. This is my third year in a row doing a birthday blog.
5. I would like to continue the tradition.
6. My son was born 6 days before my 40th birthday.
7. He was 5 weeks early.
8. We were expecting an Aries but I guess he wanted to be a Pisces.
9. We are a family of 3 Pisces and a Gemini.
10. It’s quite strange to say “my son “ and “my daughter”.
11. There was a time when I wondered if I was ever going to have kids.
12. I love my daughter calling me Mama.
13. I feel pride at haven given birth twice.
14. It resonates with me to breastfeed on demand.
15. I used to work for Planned Parenthood as a Counselor.
16. For a long time I thought I would be a therapist.
17. I think coaching and therapy share some parallels.
18. I started focusing on Business Coaching because clients kept asking for my help with their business.
19. My father always thought I should get my MBA.
20. I thought he didn’t get me.
21. He saw that I was a businesswoman before I did.
22. I am often in some type of personal or professional development program.
23. I am ready for a mini van.
24. I have been an airbnb host.
25. I started doing EFT last year.
26. I spend a lot of time in my robe.
27. My Sacred Money Archetype is the Celebrity.
28. I had my car towed one birthday.
29. I’m not a huge fan of cursing.
30. I got engaged this past Christmas.
31. Homeschooling is a consideration, but we’ll see.
32. The last book I read was the Motivation Manifesto by Brendan Burchard.
33. I know who my friends and supporters are.
34. I’ve never been the 5-year plan person, but I am morphing into that.
35. I find whining and complaining exhausting.
36. I believe life is a journey of self-discovery.
37. Hawaii calls me from time to time.
38. When I die I hope my loved ones throw me a big party.
39. My journals are my most valued possessions.
40. It easier to get me than to keep me, nearly impossible to get me after you’ve lost me.
1. I wrote 38 things about myself for my birthday last year and I think I might want to make it a tradition.
2. My birthday wish last year was to have a beautiful birth experience and a healthy baby.
3. That wish came true and much faster than I would have ever managed, less than 3 hours.
4. My full name is Kadidja Didi Mouke Yansane.
5. Pronounced Ha or Ka- dee -zsa -dee- dee -moo- kay- yanh- sah- nay.
6. I Introduce myself as Kah- dee -zsa Yanh -sah -nee.
7. I didn’t see the Oscars.
8. The last cd I bought was Sam Smith.
9. I am one of those collage people.
10. Personal Development really is a passion of mine.
11. Owning a bed and breakfast later in life seems like it would be fun.
12. Ministerial or Practitioner Studies is something I consider every now and again.
13. I love vintage and antique shopping.
14. I just moved to the Bay Area so we could be close to my parents/ her grand-parents.
15. I listen to the Beyonce station on Pandora a lot. Lol.
16. I typically don’t give unsolicited advice or feedback.
17. I am loving being a mom and watching my daughter grow.
18. She truly is a joy. And that doesn’t even express the half of it.
19. She moans herself to sleep. It is quite hilarious.
20. Sometimes it seems as though I need more arms to do things with her.
21. I was surprised to see how opinionated people are about breastfeeding and how long I am going to do it.
22. I don’t know when I am going to stop. I am sure it will be before she graduates High School.
23. A famous person I would love to sit down with and talk to is Deepak Chopra.
24. You may say that I am a dreamer but I am not the only one.
25. I have had a lot of amazing women and men in my life as mentors.
26. I think I’m pretty open when you put loving and sincere attention on me.
27. I have had some girlfriend break ups that still hurt.
28. I am grateful for the space and time that I have for introspection.
29. Mike brought me some beautiful flowers this morning.
30. I write myself birthday cards and Valentine’s Day Cards.
31. I’m proud of my Berkeley roots.
32. I don’t think everyone needs to get married or have children and people should just leave people alone.
33. I’ve never been the Oh I love cooking woman. But there is more desire there.Been pulling out the cookbooks.
34. I’m not sure what my specific birthday wish is yet, but I think it would be good to make one because wishes come true.
35. I am overflowing with life wishes.
36. Even though I am a people person, my seemingly extroverted nature might be concealing a little shyness.
37. I just got on twitter and I don’t get it yet.
38. I’d like to start interviewing all the awesome people I know, so I might be calling you.
39.I am looking forward to turning the Big 4-0 next year.
1. I am 38 today and a little resistant to share my age on social media even though I like getting older.
2. I color my hair because I am not ready to go grey yet.
3. I am very fond of grey hair in others.
4. My parents are West African and my brother and I communicate in my Dads accent and it makes the conversation 20 times funnier.
5. I am 6 1/2 months pregnant and live with my honey and we are planning a home birth.
6. I really am an optimistic person and always have been. I believe in the goodness of life.
7. Right before my 30th birthday I got in a car accident and hurt my back and didn’t work for 9 months.
8. I am a trained doula and caught a baby for the first time 4 months ago by accident. Well there are no accidents.
9. I don’t pledge allegiance to any one philosophy or modality.
10. I have thrown myself some amazing birthday parties.
11. I eloped when I was 25 and that crashed and burned pretty quickly.
12. I don’t drink coffee but I love my teA.
13. Since I’ve been pregnant I’ve had some meat after not eating it for nearly 8 years. I have mixed feelings about it.
14. I am very sensitive hearted but a strong warrior woman at the same time.
15. No one asked me to the prom.
16. I have 2 tattoos.
17. When I get my heartbroken I either move or shave my head.
18. I think I am a lucky person.
19. Litter drives me crazy.
20. French was my first language.
21. When I was 17 my grand mother told me to eat well, meaning eat a lot and not be too skinny so I could find a good husband. She was a luscious woman. I’m pretty luscious now too
22. I’m a pretty private person And Share my confidence with a few key people.
23. I journal regularly if not daily.
24. Most of my exercise classes have senior citizens in them.
25. I practice and teach Orgasmic Meditation.
26. I have an inconsistent Vedic meditation practice.
27. Some people tell me I am a closet singer but I am happy in the closet for now.
28. I used to be a High School counselor.
29. I’m an empath.
30. I kind of just do what I want quietly and don’t enjoy arguing and debating about how I should live my life. To each her own.
31. I’m a Womanist who sees the world through a feminine lens.
32. I love being a Coach and helping people access the freedom to express themselves more fully.
33. I need my beauty sleep and am no stranger to a nap in the middle of the day.
34. I often can’t get through a movie and fall asleep. So if you ask me if I saw a movie I will probably say some of it.
35. My life keeps getting better and better.
36. I’m a homebody who likes to be at home and clean my house and arrange things.
37. I’m a lover.
38. What I want more than anything for my birthday is a beautiful birth experience and a a strong healthy baby.